I ran with an AOSP ROM for the HTC Inspire for a couple of months and have returned to CyanogenMod 7.2.
My longer-term thoughts on the AOSP build:
- Very clean / vanilla. No crap.
- Configuration sliders started to grow on me
- Automagic attempts to pair with BT devices, presumably using the 0000 and 1234 default codes.
- Good battery life for the most part, but rarely it’d get into something and blow through the battery in a few hours. I didn’t see anything obvious in Better Battery Stats.
- I did miss a couple of CM features, like the integrated phone blacklist, additional configs (and those configuration options in sensible places)
- ICS doesn’t work with all my default apps (or vice versa)
The beauty of third-party recoveries (like ClockworkMod) is you can bop back and forth between ROMs with little trouble.